Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My Creative Time: Inspiration Wednesday

Hi, today is Inspiration Wednesday over on the My Creative Time Blog

I was searching for different ways to use the fabulous Milk Carton die and I came across an amazing tutorial over on the DoStamping Blog with Dawn. She shared how she combined two milk cartons together to create another fun gift box. So I wanted to see if I could create something similar with the MCT die.


I followed her tutorial by cutting out two milk cartons and then cutting off the last panel on each of them. I then cut out the window using the Fun Stitched Tag Dies. I cut up packaging I had to seal the window. Then I added the accent piece cut from the same die.

I made my side accent rectangles a little bigger than she suggests. I wanted mine to cover most of the area. I first added the little banners from the Stitched Party dies. I then added the cute little birthday birdies from the Tweet Me Stamp Set. I cut them and their little hats out using the Fun Tweet Me Dies. I colored the hats, the beaks, and feet in with Copic markers. I added the small hearts from the same die set as well. 


When I put it together, the bottom tabs do not cover the whole bottom as her's did. So I just cut out a circle from the Bunch of Fun Circles dies and glued it on top. I then used my Crop-a-dile to cut two holes and tied my ribbon through them to close the box. 

Click for Options Click for Options

The tag was created using the combination of the new Fun Stitched Tag Dies and the Mini Chalkboard Tags Stamp Set. I adhered it to the bow using a Recollection's mini clothespin. 



Then I added my sweet homemade cupcake in the box. Now I have a sweet way to give a birthday cupcake using the Milk Carton Die. So glad I stumbled upon her amazing tutorial with wonderful inspiration!

Thank you so much for stopping by!! Have a wonderful day!!




13 comments:

  1. OMG Miss Emily your Milk Carton Treat Box is absolutely beautiful. WOW. You really did one outstanding creative job WOW!! Love the papers you chose and the colors are so pretty...I so love what you created using Miss Emma's goodies. Thanks for the link to the Milk Carton video....and thanks for sharing your tips & techniques. YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Definitely will be making this adorable box. Thanks for sharing your talent

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! I can't believe you made this with two milk cartons! So darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! What a great idea! Your treat box is so adorable! Awesome job! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily ~ SHUT the FRONT door!! OMG!! I just ADORE this!! How stinking CLEVER of you and your inspirational lady!! OMG!! I so saved this video and TU for sharing it!! LOVE all the details and colors! Then go you on the yummy cupcake too! so CLEVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I need to remember this one...cupcakes fit perfectly. I like how you did your window with the frame and the birdies and panels are so sweet. Love the stripe hats on the birds. Beautiful job and thanks for the tutorial and idea.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! Absolutely AMAZING!!! Adorable!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so clever and super fun to give, I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is AWESOME!!!!! OMG what a fun project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Emily,
    This is so unique, who would have thought !lol Thank God for all you DT ladies! You are so awesome and creative!. Thanks so much for sharing .It's wonderful seeing other ideas from so many generous people and hopefully teaches one to be creative themselves. haha Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily I absolutely love this, so clever what a great project!!

    ReplyDelete