Thursday, May 28, 2015

My Creative Time: Do Over Thursday

Hi, today is Do Over Thursday over on the My Creative Time blog! 

I didn't dislike my first birthday bag but I wanted go in a different direction this time. I wanted to use a similar tag the first time, however, it covered up too much of the sentiment and at the time, I was dead set on using that particular stamp. So now on to my revised birthday bag.


I found these two pack gift bags at Michael's in the dollar section and just new I wanted to eventually make something with them. I love the pattern with the beautiful coral with a hint of gold, pink, and white! So I cut them down as I had with my other bag to be able to fit them into my Cuttlebug. Then I cut out two bag pieces using the new Chalkboard Birthday Stamp and Die set

I cut out a Vellumn label using a die from the Love To Learn set. I then stamped on the word art birthday sentiment also from the Chalkboard Birthday Stamp and Die set. I used Versamark ink along with Recollection's Gold embossing Powder. I glued the corners down with Glossy Accents and then covered them up with tiny stars from the 4x4 Journal Die and More set

I first used the candle cupcake outlined die from the new Light the Candles stamp set to create the gift tag base. I then used the other cupcake dies along with the cupcake stamp to create the rest of the cupcake for the tag. I colored the candle in with Copic markers. I also used the Versamark ink and Recollection's Gold embossing powder to stamp on the sprinkles and candle. I stamped on the inside of the cupcake tag using the Just Tags Stamp and Die set. 

I added the handles that I cut off of the bags and glued the bag together. I tied the tag to the handle with some gold twine I had in my stash. I then added a lot of tissue paper this time. I wish I would have used more on my first bag. 


Here was my first birthday bag I created for the May release.


Thank you so much for stopping by!! For more design team inspiration please head on over to Miss Emma's Blog. 



7 comments:

  1. Your bag is beautiful I love the colors but have to say loved your first one too.....it's so creative of you to also repurposed the gift bag duo you found at Target love your idea for doing this....Love how you've used all of Miss Emma's goodies...you definitely always are full of amazing creative ideas. YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both of your bags are darling! Your little cupcake tag card is just the cutest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cute little bags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bags, they both are so nice and cheery and festive! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of using bags to make new bags. This would be great for older bags that have wear marks or ripped. Your tag is adorable. Beautiful job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your gift bag Emily! Awesome idea with the cupcake tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are so pretty and so are the bags! Thanks for sharing them with us!!

    ReplyDelete