Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Really Reasonable Ribbon with Peachy Keen Stamps

Hi Peachy Keen Friends!! Happy Wednesday and I am excited to share a couple of projects with you!!

This week Peachy Keen Stamps is partnering with Really Reasonable Ribbon

                             

Really Reasonable Ribbon www.reasonableribbon.com  has been meeting the ribbon needs of crafters, wedding planners, rubberstampers, scrapbookers and the artistic community for over 10 years.  We offer great wholesale pricing on full spools of many of our styles, and really reasonable discount retail pricing on ribbon by the yard.  Our large selection of ribbon styles includes a variety of colors and widths in grosgrain, organza, gingham, satin, ric rac, twill tape, velvet, bakers twine, seam binding, jute and much more.  We offer convenient online shopping, FAST shipping and GREAT ribbon prices.  You can also visit our blog www.reasonableribbon.blogspot.com for daily posts with creative projects featuring ribbon along with two fun challenges on the 1st and the 15th of each month.


Throughout the week, both design teams will be sharing their inspirational projects!! So be sure to check out the Peachy Keen Stamp Blog and the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog!

For my first project, I created a card using Peachy Keen's new March Stamp of the Month set and PK-192 Some Bunny Special. I also used Really Reasonable Ribbon's Silky Crush Rose Ribbon. It is just gorgeous ribbon!!


The adorable bunny was stamped and paper pieced from the PK Some Bunny Special. I colored him with  Copic markers, inked his cheeks, and gave him buck teeth. The tulip was stamp from the PK March Stamp of the Month set and colored with Copic Markers. The "Happy Spring" sentiment is also from the March SOTM. It is stamped on a My Creative Time Vintage Stitched Label Die cut out.

The card base is from a Mother's Day Card KaDoodle Bug Designs Cut File. I embossed the flower pot with a Anna Griffin/Cuttlebug folder called Poppy. Then I went over it with Tim Holtz's Tea Dye Distress Ink. The top piece of the pot I first punched with MS Ribbon punch and then embossed it with the Poppy Border. I then threaded the ribbon through it. I love how it matched the tulips perfectly!

The tulip pedals were cut out using a Stampin' Up Small Oval Punch and then colored with Copic Markers. The leaves and stems were also from the Kadoodle Bug Designs cut file. They too were colored with a Copic Marker.



I'm entering this card in the My Craft Spot: Monday Challenge #91.
Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges: Anything Goes
Die Cuttin Divas: Use a Bunny
Kadoodle Bug Designs: Shaped card



For my second project, I did a bit of up-cycling. I found this metal sign at Joann's in the clearance section and thought it would be a great piece to add some peachy faces and some great twill ribbon.


 I stamped the faces on with Jet Black Stazon ink. I then stamped and paper pieced the eyes, mouth, and noses. I colored them with Copic Markers. The first peach was not suppose to have a nose but my oldest son insisted it have a nose too! I think he was right and it looks great with a nose! I colored their cheeks with Inkadinkadoo's Chalking Ink and added white gel pen accents to them. I also added white gel pen accents to the leaves, noses, and tongue.


I used Really Reasonable Ribbon's Red Chevron Striped Twill and Emerald Green Chevron Twill. I just love chevron ribbon and they have a lot of color choices!! Plus, it is so reasonably priced!! I think I got almost every color!

The beautiful twill ribbon rosette was so easy and fun to make. I just cut out a small card stock circle, twisted the ribbon, and then hot glued it in a circular motion onto the card stock. I then cut out two small strips of the emerald green, folded them into the leaf shape, and then hot glued them onto the card stock back. I finished it off with adding a button from my stash. Very simple to do.




I added this same red twill to create a ribbon trim with bow at the bottom. Once again I found a matching button and added it to the bow. I decided to string some more twill ribbon on the back so I could hang this up in my craft room!! It will go perfectly with all my Peachy Keen Stamps!

Now for the fun part! Peachy Keen Stamps and Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog are giving away a $25 gift certificate each to one lucky winner! To be in with a chance of winning, leave a comment on all participating blogs this week. Not only will you have a chance of winning a  prize, you will see some amazing projects with loads of inspiration for using beautiful ribbon with those adorable Peachy Keen Stamps!

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a Peachy rest of the week!! Happy Stamping!!

9 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS job with both projects Emily!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic projects Emily! That card is just awesome and the peachy door sign is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS- Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot!

      Delete
  3. Both projects are wonderful. I like the way you used the twill for the rosette and leaves...clever! The noses do look good! Your tulips look beautiful and the bunny is too cute! Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute super cute. TFS with us at DCD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this flower card.. Those tulips looks so real and the bunny is super super cute. Thanks for playing with Die Cuttin Divas

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, your projects are wonderful! I'm loving those tulips--wish they were growing in my yard! And your adorable bunny. Thanks for entering your card at the DCD bunny challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!Super Cute,Cool & Fun projects!!
    Thanks for joining us at PDE "Anything Goes" challenge.
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous projects!! I love the super cute bunny!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete