Monday, June 2, 2014

My Creative Time: Scrapping the Little Things

Hi, today is Scrapping the Little Things over on the My Creative Time Blog.


I'm scrapping a few photos of my daughter in her Hello Kitty outfit. Aren't her little shoes just so cute? I sure think so!! Miss Emma was so sweet to send them to her right after she was born. We've been waiting for her little feet to grow so she could wear them. Since she had the shoes, I just had to find her a Hello Kitty shirt to go with them.



I wanted to keep it simple to really keep the emphasis on the photos. 

For the title, I used the bottom of the box from MCT: Treat Slider Box Die for the base. Then I used the MCT: Lowercase Fun Dies for the "Hello Cutie". I then added flowers from MCT: Stitched Pretty Flowers and Leaves.

The Hello Kitty was cut from the Cricut's Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge at 4.5". I stamped the face onto it from Peachy Keen Stamp: Super Simple Eyes and Noses. I colored in the nose with a Copic Marker. For the flower in her hair, I used MCT: Stitched Pretty Flowers and Leaves Dies with MCT: Flower Petal Dies.




Once I glued down my my pictures onto the pattern paper, I used Hello Kitty Washi tape to give it a smash book type look. I was lucky enough to find it at Michael's in the clearance bin. 

I finished by taking a white gel pen and added some doodling to the outside edging of the pink card stock mats.

All products used:
Cricut: Hello Kitty Greetings
Peachy Keen Stamps: Super Simple Eyes and Noses
Hello Kitty Washi Tape and Pattern Paper
Recollection's Yellow and Pink Card Stock
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Copic Marker
Recollection's Enamel Dots
White Gel Pen

Thank you so much for stopping by!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! For more amazing design team inspiration please head on over to Miss Emma's Blog!

 



10 comments:

  1. OMG your LO is so stinkin' cute!! Your little girl is so beautiful. Her pics are precious I do love her shoes and her shirt....well her whole outfit and
    her head band with the flower is so cute too. Love your Hello Kitty and how you used Miss Emma's goodies super.....great...creative job!!
    WOW you outdid yourself gosh even Hello Kitty Washi Tape gosh you really have it all.....I love scrapping and can tell you sure do to.
    Thanks for all the creative inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...this is just too sweet...great pics!!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big she is already! She is just precious, and the layout is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Word! I love Hello Kitty and that is a favorite cartridge. Your Daughter looks so cute and figures Emma would send something with Kitty :D Our mutual friend Ruthie has made some Hello Kitty cutting files for free use if you didn't know...you can check it out on her blog. Fabulous job on your sweet layout.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout...the colors, the details, and the pictures is fabulous...and your daughter is just the cutest! Thanks for sharing your style and your darling daughter!
    XOXOX & Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is such a little doll!!! Super cute layout!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!! She looks SOOOOO PRECIOUS Miss Emily!!! I can't get over how much she has grown!!! Thank you SOOO MUCH for taking pics of her in her ADORABLE HK shoesies! ;)
    BIG HUGS,
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How super ADORABLE is this Emily!!! Your daughter is getting so big and is just sweet as can be!
    AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout is just ADORABLE and so is your sweet baby girl!!!! Have a SUPER day my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily ~ Oh my word she is just the CUTEST, most PRECIOUS and ADORABLE little girl ever!!! Okay I LOVE tall the Hello Kitting clothes! Then this whole layout ~ seriously ADORBS!! Oh Miss Emma set her up for sure with the shoes! I just want to give that cutie a big hug!!!! Did I ever tell you I LOVE. LOVE, LOVE her hair ~ oh my!! Seriously ADORBS all the way around!

    ReplyDelete