Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Peachy Keen Stamps: Trendsetting

Happy Wednesday!! Today I am sharing a trendspotting project with you all today.





I've notice that neon colors are a big trend for the Christmas season this year. I can not say I would personally decorate with these bright colors but I thought they would look great on a cute Peachy snowman.




I stamped and paper pieced the adorable PK-1413 Smile Snowman using Recollection's neon card stock. I used a Copic marker to color in the arms and outline the snowman. I chalked his cheeks with Inkadinkado chalk ink. 

For the buttons, I stamped and paper pieced them from PKSC-23 November 2013. The Smile Snowman set does come with two pom-pom stamps you could use but I wanted to change things up a bit by using the buttons.

I used Versamark ink and Recollection's snow embossing powder to stamp on one of my favorite Peachy backgrounds, PK-1349 Woodland Birch, onto the neon blue card stock. I then cut it out with a My Creative Time: Stitched Rectangular Frame Die.





The sentiment was stamped on the speech bubble from PKSC-24 December 2013.  I then added the little stars using Hero Arts: neon yellow ink. They are also from the December 2013 set.

I cut the Colorbok: white glitter paper with a Lawn Fawn: Hillside Border die to create the snowy hills.

I then added a fun neon snowflake embellishment. The snowflakes are die cuts from My Creative Time. I added a larger button also from the November 2013 stamp set to the center to match the snowman.

Well I hope I have given you some inspiration on using these non-traditional colors in your holiday projects using Peachy Keen Stamps. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by!! Have a wonderful crafty day!!

-Big Peachy Hugs-

Emily

2 comments:

  1. Emily ~ Oh my word ~ a neon snowman themed card ~ I LOVE it! SO FUN and so FABULOUS! Who would have thought ~ not me but now I want to do one! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete