Monday, April 27, 2015

MCT: Scrapping the Little Things

Hi, today is Scrapping the Little Things over on the My Creative Time Blog. Since I haven't added to my Smash Book in a while I thought this was the perfect reason to do so. Plus, the new balloons gave me the idea to scrap/smash some of the pictures from the National Balloon Classic in Indianola, Iowa that we try to go see every year. This was a Night Glow! You got to see them land and then once it got dark you could see how beautiful each one looked all lit up by their fires. I highly recommend this to anyone! We always have a great time!!


I first paper pieced each of the hot air balloons from the new The Sky is the Limit stamp set.  Then I stamped and cut out three banners from the same set. I carefully stamped each sentiment part of the Enjoy the Little Things stamp onto a banner. I stamped the burlap background from the Build a Banner stamp set on the basket of the hot air balloons using a masking technique as well. I thought it really gave the wicker basket look to them. I then colored them in with a Copic marker.

I cut out several sizes of  Fun Stitched Clouds. I then traced the inside of the dies to create an outline on the clouds.

I cut out each picture using the rectangle die from the Love to Learn dies and stamp set.  Then I matted them with coordinating papers from the balloons. I then added the little Stitched Tab to the picture. I also added a cute little heart to our family picture, a star from the Thanks for the Lift stamp set, and banners also from the The Sky is the Limit stamp set

I then added some silver sequins from my stash to give it a bit of shine!

Please be sure to stop by Miss Emma's blog for more amazing DT inspiration!!

Thank you so much for stopping by!! Have a wonderful day!! :) 

6 comments:

  1. OMG Your LO is amazing. What cute pictures. You really did one super outstanding creative job with the Miss Emma's dies and stamps WOW I so love it....definitely a big WOW!! I love it. YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfect is this??? Love this page, Emily! Your balloons are adorable with the sentiment stamped across them! Love the bright patterns and the doodling on your clouds! Awesome pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily,
    I really love how you made the air balloons and pieced the sentiment on the banners like you did on them. It looks awesome! It hits your eyes first thing. Love the birds and how you doodled on your clouds too. Really nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on your layout! How perfect there are balloons and you paper pieced them perfectly. This sure looks like a great time. There is something similar nearby us in Kalamazoo. Maybe worth a trip to go see it this year. Great job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is ADORABLE!! How PERFECT are these dies and stamps for those CUTIES in the picture!!!

    ReplyDelete