Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Creative Time: Favorite Stamp of the Month

Hi, today we are featuring "My Favorite Stamp" over on the My Creative Time blog. This month we are showcasing the "Bracket Sentiments Stamp Set". If this set of dies have been on your wish list, you can pick this set up HERE at a discount price. This set will be on sale the entire month of July! This special will end on July 31st, 2015 at 12:OO A.M. PST!

 
For the base of my card, I used Stitched Rectangular Frame dies. I then stamped the You Had Me At Meow: fishbone stamp all over the aqua rectangular frame paper die cut using Versamark ink along with Recollection's Snow Embossing powder. It is so nice when you are not around all your supplies to be able to create your own pattern paper for a project.
 
I stamped and paper pieced the adorable little kitty cat also from the You Had Me At Meow stamp set. I then colored him with Crayola markers. I wasn't for sure how it would turn out with using these markers. Though I think he turned out really cute!! I masked the eyes of the stamp and then stamped the eyes from the Peachy Keen Stamps: Black Eyed Critters face stamps. I added white gel pen accents to the eyes as well. I then stamped the super adorable nerdy glasses. I stamped and paper pieced the little bow tie to complete the adorable nerdy kitty look.
 
I stamped and colored the little fish from this month's release freebie Find the Joy in the Little Things stamp set. If you missed out on the freebie it is now available for purchase in the MCT store. I then glued them onto the thought cloud from the Loyal Friends stamp set. The thought bubbles went perfect with the sentiment.
 
I stamped on the sentiment from the Bracket Sentiments Stamp Set onto a Vintage Stitched Label die. The sentiment was what helped make me come of up with the concept of the kitty cat thinking about fish.
 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by!! Have a wonderful day!!
 
For more design team inspiration please head on over to Miss Emma's blog!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love every thing about this card….kitty, thought bubble cloud, background paper. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Miss Emily WOW~~~WOW~~~WOW!!! Your card is incredibly Awesome and oh so adorable!! You sure did a super outstanding stamping job....I'm in awe of your background WOW and your coloring is fabulous...you definitely outdid yourself and I so LOL love the thought bubble. Girl you so came up with so many amazing, clever and creative ideas using Miss Emma's goodies. YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole card just cracks me up! The kitty dreaming of the fish, and then the fish bone background... too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is adorable...I like the speech bubble and embossed background. Your kitty is too cute with the Peachy eyes and glasses...the Crayolas work perfectly. If the are washable markers...can you water color with them too? I have to try that.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable card! I love the stamped and embossed background and love how your kitty turn out as well. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha, what a colorful fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beyond ADORABLE Emily!!!!!
    What a GREAT card!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete