Monday, July 4, 2016

My Creative Time: Scrapping The Little Things

Hi, today is Scrapping the Little Things over on the My Creative Time Blog. I decided to make a simple little entry for one of my Project Life pages using a cute picture of my daughter wearing her favorite hat! It used to be her brother's when he was little but she has commandeered it for herself. The best hand-me-down ever! She looked so cute wearing it and I'm glad I had snapped this photo of her wearing it! I love taking pictures of those fun little moments in life that you can
always cherish.


I first cut out the frame for the picture using the die cut from the Be Your Best Selfie Stamp Set. I then stamped the sentiment on the bottom of the frame, which also comes from the same stamp set. I cut the picture to fit behind the frame. I then layered the frame with cork paper that was cut out with the Stitched Square Dies. I then taped them onto another square die cut at angle.



I embellished the frame with a few little hearts that were cut out using the little heart dies from the Carved Heart Stamp Set. I wanted to add a bit of sparkle so I used a bit of Wink of Stella on the hearts. I wanted to have a bit of space to write a bit of journaling about the pictures. So I cut out another frame using a notecard and used the negative from it for journaling. I glued it on the back and then I accented it with little hearts as well to mirror what I had done on the front. Now I have a little scrap piece of this special little moment and memory in time.



Products Used:



Recollection's Card Stock
Recollection's Cork Paper
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Wink of Stella: Clear

Thank you so much for stopping by!

For more design team inspiration, please head on over to Miss Emma's blog.





3 comments:

  1. OMG, could she be any cuter? Perfect little page! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG from me too....What a super Adorable picture...and your daughter looks stinkin' ca-ute wearing this hat...love your story share and your scrappin' ideas.
    YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet way to frame this cute picture. I love the red!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete