Wednesday, August 10, 2016

My Creative Time: What A Treat Wednesday

Hi and today is What A Treat Wednesday over on the My Creative Time blog. I created a fun little cherry gummy treat bag with my some fabulous MCT products. 


To create my treat bag topper, I first used the die from the Just A Note Stamp Set. I wanted to add a sentiment at the bottom of it but it wouldn't simply fit with the size of the original die cut. So with a little patience, I slowly cut out the one side and partially the other side. Then I moved the die and cut the length that I wanted. This created the perfect treat topper for my bag. 

I filled my little treat bag that I purchased at Wal-Mart with this delicious cherry dummies that I found at Hy-Vee and stapled my little topper onto the top of the bag before decorating it. I only got one staple in unfortunately because my little mini stapler finally decided to break after all these years. It was a sad day. 

Back of the treat bag topper
I then stamped and colored the adorable little cherries from the Berry Special Stamp Set.  I cut them out with a coordinating die. I'm mean, how cute are those little cherries? Love this set and the little faces!! I also added a bit of Glossy Accents to the eyes, mouth, and cheeks. 

I created the background layer for the cherries with a beautiful red Bunch of Stitched Doily Die cut as well as a white Bunch of Fun Circle Die cut. I added it to the front of the topper and then stamped on the sentiment, also from the Berry Special Stamp Set. I then tied a little bit of American Crafts twine to the topper and added a cute little heart that was cut out using the heart glasses die from the You Had Me At Meow Stamp Set. I glittered the heart up with Wink of Stella and then added some Glossy Accents on top.

I finished the little treat topper by adding some cute little sequins and now its ready to sweeten someone special's day. 



Products Used: 

Recollection's Card Stock
Glossy Accents
Clear  Wink of Stella
AC Twine
Copic Markers
Mini sequins
Pretzel Treat Bags
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink 

Thank you so much for stopping by!!

For more design team inspiration, please head on over to Miss Emma's wonderful blog

3 comments:

  1. Your Tags are adorable....love those little faces!! Fun ways that you used Miss Emma's goodies.....You will so make someones day!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cute treat will certainly sweeten a special day! I love all of the layers you used and your cherries are adorable.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just as sweet as can be Emily!!!!
    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete