Hi, today is Tutorial Thursday over on the My Creative Time Blog. We are sharing tips and tricks on how we created our projects.
I had seen this cute little apron treat bag on Pinterest and thought how fun it would be create my own using the new Stitched Apron Dies along with some other wonderful MCT products. Just warning you all that this tutorial has a lot of photos. It also includes a bit of fussy cutting though. It is all worth in the end to put a smile on someone's face!
Here is a list of MCT products you will need.
Chalkboard Birthday Stamp Set
Stitched Apron Dies
Mixed Just For You Stamp Set
Bunch of Stitched Doily Dies
Jr. Rolled Flower die
1. Trace two outlines of the Stitched Apron Die and then use scissors to fussy cut them out.
2. Cut out two bag die cuts using the die from the Chalkboard Birthday Stamp Set.
So now you are left with the bag die cuts roughly measuring 3 1/2 by 2 7/8.
5. Cut the apron, the small pocket, and the big pocket out using the Stitched Apron Dies. Then stamp, paper piece, and cut out the cute little cooking images from the Mixed Just For You Stamp Set. I add the images and die cuts all together onto one of my outlines of the apron that I fussy cut earlier. I also embellished the bigger pocket with a doily from the Bunch of Stitched Doily Dies and a couple of little pearls.
6. Adhere the two apron outlines onto little bag.
7. Fill it with a nice little treat of your choice. I stamped the sentiment also from Mixed Just For You Stamp Set onto the oven mitt die cut from the Stitched Apron Dies. I also inked the edges just like I did the apron die cut. Tied the top of the apron outlines together with twine and embellished it with a pretty rose cut out using the Jr. Rolled Flower die along with the oven mit.
That's my project and tutorial! I hope I've helped shown you an example how you can use your MCT products in fun new ways to brighten someone's day!!
Thank you so much for stopping by!!
For more design team inspiration please head on over to Miss Emma's blog.