Friday, January 11, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamp: Sketch Challenge #2


Happy Friday!!! Today's Peachy Keen Challenge is a sketch challenge featuring the following sketch.



We would love for you to come play along with us this week! All you need to do is follow a few simple guidelines and let your creativity run wild!

The Guidelines for this challenge are:

1. Design must be new, created specifically for this challenge
2. Must be a card or layout that follows the sketch
3. Link up by 01/16-11:59 P.M. EST
4. Remember, you don't have to use our stamps to link up, but they are required to win Top Peach!


For my project I decided to make a birthday bear using the January 2013 Stamp of the Month and the two bear add on sets. I just love how he turned out! 



I used the head and part of the body from the PK January 2013 SOTM bear for the main structure of him. Then, I stamped on the face which is also from the PK January 2013 SOTM. I thought it looked like the perfect face for blowing out a candle. Next, I paper pieced the bear's upper paws from the PK-159 Thinking of you Bear and his legs. Lastly, I paper pieced the bear's lower paws from the PK-158 Get Well Bear. You can see below in the picture most of the parts before I pieced them together.



His party hat and cute cupcake are from the April SOTM 2012. The candle and sentiment are from the April 2012 add on set: PK-106 With a Cherry On Top.

I loved him so much that I made another birthday bear to share too.


This card used the January SOTM 2012 for the bear, face, and confetti. The January 2013 add on set PK-161 Happy Birthday-Big for the sentiments and April 2012 add on set PK-105 Happy Hour for the cute cupcake. As well as the April 2012 SOTM for the hat.

I hope you've found some inspirations from my cards and happy creating! Looking forward to seeing your projects for the PK Sketch Challenge #2.


If you are interested in any of the these adorable stamps please visit the Peachy Keen Stamps Website!


6 comments:

  1. Aww who couldn't cuddle these little smashers eh Emily! Love the first one especially for the texture! It's a great result! Also, how kind to show the method for putting him together.
    Hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on both of your cards. I just rec'd my stamps, can't wait to stamp with that little fella. TFS --C

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...The Sweetest Ever!!Precious!
    Have a wonderful Friday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER SUPER cute cards Emily!great job with both,I LOVE the bright colors and the little birthday hat!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!!! would love for you to return follow :)

    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    Robin

    ReplyDelete