Friday, May 31, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge: 13-22 : Sketch



TGIF! Are you ready for another fun Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge? I sure hope so because Dobea has created a great sketch for this week. We would love for you to come play along!! All you have to do is create a project using your Peachy Keen Stamps based on the sketch below and enter it by the deadline. Easy Peasy! Can't wait to see what you all create!!!!




Here is my take on the sketch:




I decided to with father's day coming up it was time I started creating some cards for this special day. It always seems tougher for me to make masculine cards. Plus, most men I know don't really care for all the bells and whistles. So I tried to create a pretty simple card that plainly conveys the message.

Even though it is a pretty simple card, I got to work with a lot of the Peachy Keen Stamps (this makes me very happy). As you may have seen on my other projects, I love to used a combination of different PK stamps. The possibilities are endless this way!




For the dad, I used PK-680- Retro Paper Doll Face Assortment. I then filled in the glasses with Glossy Accents and his mouth with a Blush Copic Marker.

For the little boy, I used PK-642 Boy Mates Face Assortment. I used a white gel pen to accent the eyes. I chalked his cheeks as well as the dad's.

This adorable father/son die cut is from SVG Cutting Files. They have so many great cutting files that your Peachy Keen Stamps would go perfectly with.




For the "DAD' letters, I used PK-156 Lucy's ABC's and 123's Solids.The die cuts come from My Creative time. 







The sentiment comes from PKSC-05 May 2012. The die cut is was stamped on also is from My Creative Time. The shadow layer was cut out from Cricut's Art Philosophy Cartridge. I wrapped the sentiment with American Crafts Blue Baker's Twine. 

I also used PKSC-05 May 2012 to create the ribbon emebellishment. I took white satin Stampin' Up Ribbon and stamped the "DAD" and the #1 on the backside of it. I first tried it with Memento ink and it bled really bad. Luckily, I had some Colorbox inks. They bled a little but nothing like the Memento Inks. I love how the ribbon matches the "DAD" letters. I finished by adding the same baker's twine on either side. 

The photo corners are from an EK Success Punch.



So that is my card in a nutshell! Pretty easy and simple Father's Day Card!


Here are the challenge rules for this week.


THE CHALLENGE
Create a card or layout of your choice following the sketch provided.
We'll be awarding "TOP PEACH" to the player who uses their Peachy Keen Stamps this  week and  our two runner ups will receive a spiffy badge to display on their blog!
Guidelines:
- Design must be new
- Link up by 6/5 - 11:59 pm EST



PEACHY KEEN STAMPS JUNE RELEASE

Wednesday, June 5th is the day, and we want to invite YOU to join us for some Peachy Keen FUN! Our June Release Party will be in full swing at 6:00 p.m. CDT on the Peachy Keen Connection, and will include inspiration from our talented Design Team, games, challenges, and LOTS of chatting! Please join us, and invite ALL your friends, because the more the merrier!!! Hope we'll see you there!!




2 comments:

  1. Totally Cute! I just posted my card with this svg file..! Love your take on the sketch!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE your card, Emily! Then again... I love all of your cards! Thank you so much for doing such a great job for PKS! Much Love and lots of Hugs! Kathy

    ReplyDelete