Friday, December 20, 2013

PKC 13-50 : Photo Inspiration

Hello and Happy Friday Peachy Friends!
I'm here with yet another fabulous Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge for you!!! This week is a photo inspiration challenge based on the beautiful photograph below. What a wonderful color scheme for this time of year! We hope you will join along and we can not wait to see all of your creations!!


THE CHALLENGE Rules:
Create a project using the photo as inspiration. Interpret the photo ANY way you'd like, just be  sure to let us in on your creative process! The colors next to the photo are only suggested!
We'll be awarding "TOP PEACH" to the player who uses their Peachy Keen Stamps this week and  our two runner ups will receive a spiffy badge to display on their blog!
Guidelines:
- Design must be new
- Link up by 12/25 - 11:59 pm EST

Here is what I came up based on this beautiful photograph:


I've been meaning to scrap these photos of my oldest son for the longest time and this challenge helped pushedme to do so. He was almost four months old in these pictures! How time flies and shows that I'm way behind on my scrapbook pages!!

To create my background, I used a MS Cherish (Framed Dots) Punch Around the Page set on the Antique Wonder Collection Pattern Paper. I then threaded each dot with red floss that I purchased from JoAnn's.
I then adhered it onto Pine Tree Green card stock

For the each 4x6 picture, I created a 5x7 mat out of the Antique Wonder Collection Pattern Paper. The photo corners were punched from a MS Photo Corner Punch out of the same Pine Tree card stock. The tabs were cut from a My Creative Time Stitched Tab Die. 

For the upper left photo tab, I stamped on the "December 2007" from PKSC-24 December 2013 SOTM set. The lower right photo tab, I stamped " Merry Christmas" from PKSC-19J uly 2013 SOTM.

The twine comes from American Crafts.


The holly jolly Santa was stamped and paper pieced from PKS-332 Santa Set. I colored in the boots, face, and belt with Copic Markers. I added Crystal Glitter by Puffy Paint to accent the fur on his hat and coat.

The presents were stamped and paper pieced from PKS-15 Oh By Golly set and the bows are from PKS-13 Decorate Me Tree.

The sentiment was cut out from a coordinating paper tag from the Antique Wonder Collection using the Stitched Square Speech Bubble Die from My Creative Time.


The adorable Christmas Tree was stamped and paper pieced from PKS-12 Santa Tree. The little star also comes from PK-13 Decorate Me Tree. The little jewels are from Recollections.

I added Crystal Glitter to each bow to give them a bit of Christmas sparkle. 

Well that's my creation and I hope I've given you a bit of inspiration!! Thank you so much for stopping by!! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Big Hugs!!

Emily






No comments:

Post a Comment