Thursday, January 30, 2014

My Creative Time-Thrifty Thursday

Good morning!! Today, is Thrifty Thursday over at My Creative Time.

We are to create any project- card, scrapbook page, or anything, using scraps/leftovers or recycled items.

I decided to create a card with scraps I have in my scrap bin. I need to get better at using my scraps and this will really help me out! My bin is overflowing! LOL!

So here is what I came up with using my scraps along with everything I already had on hand.


For the card base, I used a freebie from KaDoodle Bug Designs: Hexagon Shaped Card. Unfortunately, it is no longer free but you can still purchase it. Instead of using the cut file's small hexagons, I used the MCT: Stitched Hexy Dies middle sized one. I found several coordinating scraps to cut them out of. Then I added white pen stitching and twine to the top.

Next, I cut the little bee girl out from SVG Cutting Files: Cute as Can Bee File set. I stamped her face using Peachy Keen Stamps: The Moodies Face Assortment. I colored the eyes with a Copic Marker and chalked her cheeks. I also added glossy accents to her bee hat (though it doesn't really show in the picture). I finished by added a few white gel pen accents to her hair and body.



I created the flower by using the shamrock die from MCT: You're My Pot of Gold Stamp Set and MCT: Stitched Daisy Die. I just layered several shamrocks together to create the flower. Then I used the stem and center from the daisy to put it all together. I really wanted to use the daisy but it was a little too big compared to her. I added glossy accents to the center and then put clear glitter on top. 

For the sentiment, I cut out a banner from MCT: Vintage Stitched Label Die out of Kraft paper. Then I cut out a smaller banner from the MCT: Chocolate Greetings Stamp Set. Then I stamped on the sentiment from the same set.

I finished by cutting out two small size hearts and one medium from the MCT: Stitched Layering Heart Dies. I then added them in various spot on the card. 

All products used:


Copic Markers
White Gelly Roll Pen
Glossy Accents
Clear Glitter
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Inkadinkadoo Chalk Ink
Spritz Twine

Please stop by the My Creative Time Blog to see more wonderful inspiration from the DT.

There is still a My Creative Time Challenge going on and we would love for you to play along.
Create a scrapbook page using this sketch below.
Emma would LOVE for you to use your My Creative Time stamps &/or dies.
 Please link up your project to Mr. Linky  at Emma's blog & leave a comment there.
 Deadline for challenge is Feb. 4th @ midnight PST.




13 comments:

  1. Super adorable card Emily!!! LOVE how you used your scraps to create this cutie!!!
    Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so amazing gosh girl you used so many of Miss Emma's goodies and wowzers how you used them is fantastic. WOW what a host of great ideas. I love how detailed your recipe is. I keep saying it but what the heck can't help myself you are just one clever, creative and talented gal. I love seeing what you create!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color palate you used from scraps!! The bee is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEK, this turned out SUPER cute! Awesome job. I love that darling bee girl and the perfect sentiment! Great color combo on the hexagons too. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super cute.. The little bee girl is so cute and perfect for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EVERYTHING on this card is perfect! Love the shape, the little girl, the hexes, the colors...it's BEAUTIFUL! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just ADORABLE Emily, BEAUTIFUL job my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet little bee card. I like the gel stitching and accents. Clever way you made the flower. Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a fabulous job with your scraps! What a CUTE card, Emily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's just amazing what you can make with scraps! fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily ~ this is so ADORABLE!! I LVOE that bee, the hexies and oh my the face!! Lets not forget the papers and all the fun details too!

    ReplyDelete