Thursday, May 15, 2014

Peachy Keen Stamps: May Photo/Color Challenge

Hello everyone! It's time for a new Color/Picture challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps. 



Here is what I created for the challenge.



I love the idea of the flowers in the can. So I used the same idea with my peachies. Instead of a can, I used the jar from PKSC-16 April 2013. I first stamped it onto a white card stock cut out and colored it with Copic Markers. Then I used a vellum overlay on top.

For the flowers, I used PK-646 Faceless Fall Fun 2. I first stamped and paper pieced two layers of the sun flowers on yellow card stock. I then used a Copic marker to color the top layer and accent the bottom layer. For the center, I stamped them onto brown card stock and used a 1" EK Success Circle Punch to cut them out. I added glossy accents to the brown centers and then covered them with clear glitter. The leaves are from My Creative Time's Stitched Leaves. The stems were cut from SVG Cutting Files: Sun Flower Cindy.



I stamped the sentiment from PKS-22 October 2013 onto a cut out from My Creative Time's Just Live Simply Die. 

The ribbons from American craft. Enamel dots from Recollection's. Pattern paper from Simple Stories: Summer Fresh and Recollection's.

Below are the guidelines for joining this challenge
Create a project using the photo as inspiration. Interpret the photo ANY way you’d like, just be  sure to let us in on your creative process. The colors next to the photo are only suggested, but if they are what inspire you, then go for it!  Take whatever part of this photo that inspires you and go with it.  You  don’t have to use Peachy Keen Stamps for this challenge, but we’d love you to if you have them! 
Guidelines:
  • Designs must be new and created for this challenge, AND only 1 entry per person is allowed for challenges.
  • Create the project of your choice using the photo above as inspiration.  The colors are only suggested, so feel free to use them or not.  Just choose what inspires you about the photo and create away.  Be sure to let us in on your creative process!
  • Link up by 4/20 at 11:59 p.m. using the Linky Widget page, which can be found in the link at the bottom of this post.
  • You do not  need our stamps to play along with our challenges, but we  love it when you DO use your Peachy Keen Stamps!  Any submissions that do not follow the guidelines as listed will be removed without notice.
Thank you so much for stopping by!! Looking forward to seeing all of your creations!!


5 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL job with your card Emily, it looks AMAZING!!Have a SUPER day my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the sunflowers and patterned paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily ~ simply GORGEOUS! All the details are simply stunning and of course I LOVE the stamps and oh my the papers! BEATUIFULLY done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card!! I love those sunflowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card!!! It looks amazing ;)

    ReplyDelete