Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Peachy Keen Stamps: Trend Spotting


Hi, today is trend spotting day over at the Peachy Keen Blog. 
This week's trend is chalkboard art.


This trend is so fun to work with. Plus, you can be a bit messy and not so perfect. I was excited to see what I could come up with using my peachies and this technique.

I first stamped on the banner from PKSC-13 January Stamp of the Month Kit on to chalkboard paper with Versamark ink and then used white embossing powder on it. Then I added the sentiment to it from PKSC-04 February 2012. Next, I took a chalkboard pen and went along the edges. I would smear it with my finger as I went along. After I adhered it to the card base, I stamped the "Celebrate" sentiment also from PKSC-13 January Stamp of the Month Kit.



Next, I stamped on the "Happy Birthday" from PK-161 Happy Birthday-Big using the same technique as the banner. Then I stamped the flourishes at the bottom, which are also from PKSC-13 January Stamp of the Month Kit. Once I had all my stamps all chalked, I then took a colored pencil and went of the edges of each one. This added just a pop of color. 

I added banner cuts from My Creative Time's Stitched Party Dies and flowers from My Creative Time's Flower Petal Dies. I added a Recollection's pearl to the flowers and American Crafts Twine.

I then smudged some white chalk ink all over the black paper and around the stamps to finish the chalkboard look. 

I hope I given you some inspiration on how to use your peachies to create the chalkboard look.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

P.S. 

You can grab all your favorites from the May Release at 20% off through the 12th of May! So head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamp Shop and grab them at a wonderful price!! 

8 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS job with your PK card, Looks AMAZING my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!! I absolutely love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I love the chalk board look!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily ~ Oh this is seriously GORGEOUS!! OMG!
    I LOVE the chalkboard look and oh my the colors are PERFECT too! BEAUTIFULLY done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Emily, it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You knocked this technique right out of the ballpark!! Awesome job, Emily! STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - Wow! I love your chalkboard look and your banners are super cute! Would you be interested in being a guest designer at My Craft Spot? :)

    ReplyDelete