Saturday, May 25, 2013

Cute as can bee: Shaped Card

Hi! Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!

Today, I have a shaped card to share with you! 

Also, I'm very excited to announce that I am now on the KaDoodle Bug Design Team! 



Isn't she just the cutest?!

This adorable little bee girl and hive comes from the KaDoodle Bug Designs: Buzzy Bee Kids cut files. They have so many great files and so easy to work with!!


To create the card base, I welded two hives together.

For the hive, I first outlined it with a Y35 Maize Copic marker and then put black gel pen accents. I then popped up the three pieces using Recollection's pop dots.

For the little bee girl, I added the face from Peachy Keen's PK-1200 The Moodies Face Assortment. I colored the eyes in with a white gel pen and then colored them with a YG41 Pale Cobalt Green Copic marker. I added white get pen accents to her body and head. I also added Inkessentials Glossy Accents to her eyes and antennae. 


The flowers are from the Paper Studios paper flowers. I cut one a part to use in her hair. The twine is from American Crafts.


I finished this card by adding faux stitching around the base and adding the sentiment from Peachy Keen's PK-195 Honey Sentiments.



P.S. I have a couple of sales I would like to let you know about. They are both amazing and great deals! 



Peachy Keen Stamps (click here)



KaDoodle Bug Designs (click here)

5 comments:

  1. may god bless you dear sweet Army wife i always pray for all our troops and there familys ilove you bee card ty for shareing i love to stamp i make card i have a navy wife i know it hard sometime s my hubby been out navy 20s year i guess i did 10or 11 of his 20 , but i know wifes have goo thur alot i my brother in mil, so i make over 300 bookmarks for the ladys i got neat thing ladys like on there bookmarks and for men i stamps of things men would like . i make 4 or more cards aweek to brightern few ppl life dont for get them in the nureshomes i make card for one who dont eevn know who she but i understand she like her even if just for few mins and aother lady had stroke and just need cheerd up so i thought cards would help so i mail her while she in the carehome the ohter lady just a lady who was my mom frined and was always kind to my family . and then my son lives out state so sending card almost every week. so with all the great ppl who show diff way to make cards and all great free bee i am able to share my cards with others ty . everyone who take there time to teach us new things . have great weekend never to old to lern new things i am 55 and still learing .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making the team! I love your creation!

    Robin
    Cut One Designs by Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh- this is so stinkin' cute! I love the sweet little bee hive, your inking and doodles are perfect! The little girl bee is just darling with her peachy face. Congrats to you on being chosen as part of the KaDoodle Bug Design Team ♥

    ReplyDelete