Friday, May 3, 2013

Peachy Keen Challenge: 3D Objects-Flowers


Happy Friday!! Today we have a great challenge for you this week!! Create a 3-Dimensional Project of your choice using flowers and let your creativity run wild!! Simple as that!!

The design team has created some great inspiration for this challenge!! So please head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge Blog to see their beautiful projects and don't forget to leave them some love!!

Here is my project:

I just love, love, love the Moodies faces!! They are the cutest!! 


I first found my little water pitcher at the Dollar Tree for obviously a dollar. I then stamped on the Moodies 2 1/4" face using Jet Black Stazon ink. It was a little difficult to stamp on a curved surface so it didn't come out perfectly. I went back over some of the areas with a black fine tipped Sharpie. I then paper pieced and colored the eyes and mouth with Copic markers.


The little flowers were created using the Cuttlebug and the Quilled Daisy Set. I cut out two strands of the petals in each color. I inked the edges of each one with coordinating Colorbox cat eye inks. I then rolled the petals with the quilling pen and glued the two strands together.  

For the faces, I punched out a (EK Success) 1" circle of yellow card stock and then edged each one with a light orange Colorbox cat eye ink. I stamped on faces from the Moodies face assortment. I finished them off by coloring them with Copic markers and added white gel pen accents.

I glued the circles on the flowers and adhered fake wire stems on the back of the flowers. I filled the pitcher with green Easter grass to create a sturdy base for the flowers. It held the flowers stems perfectly.

The sentiment comes from the PKSC-16 April 2013 Stamp of the Month Set. It was stamped onto a die cut made from My Creative Time's Vintage Stitched Labels die.

I finished it off by adding the ribbon trim from 360 ribbon and bow with jewel accent. A very cheap but cute craft!!



Peachy Keen Challenge 13-18 :: 3-D Objects :: Flowers

Create the 3-Dimensional project of your choice using flowers.

Guidelines:
  • Design must be new
  • Design must be 3-Dimensional and include flowers.
  • Link up by 5/8 - 11:59 pm EST
  • You don't need our stamps to play along, but only entries using Peachy Keen Stamps can earn Top Peach!
  • Sorry, any entry that does not meet the guidelines for this challenge will be automatically removed without notice.



Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see all of your creations!!


P.S.
On Sunday, we're gearing up for the release and reveal of our May Stamps.  We've got sneak peeks on The Peachy Keen Stamps Blog right up to Sunday's release, so be sure and take that in and we'd love for you to join us for our Release Party on The Peachy Keen Connection on Sunday night at 6 p.m.
It's gonna be LOTS of fun!!



6 comments:

  1. This is awesome!!! I used to stamp flowerpots back in the day! May have to revisit that. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is awesome! I love the bright blue pitcher with that adorable peachy face:) Super cute and creative! Not to mention, your flowers are uber adorable:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!! We are having a "pun" party and this project would be perfect to link it up with us over at Craftin Desert Diva's

    Robin
    Cut One Designs by Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I linked it up!! Thank you for letting me know about it!! :)

      Delete
  4. This is just super duper cute!! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Pun“ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete