Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thankful Blog Hop





Hello and welcome, Emily here at Creations of An Army Wife. I'm so excited to be to using my Peachy Keen Stamps along with the wonderful cut files from Pretty Papers, Pretty Ribbons!! Lisa has so many cute files as well as digital papers and stamps!! So please be sure to check her store out!! 

If you have come from Nanne's Creations then you are in the right spot. If you have just stopped by for a visit or would like to start at the beginning of our hop just head over to Lisa's Blog at Pretty Papers, Pretty Ribbons Blogspot.

So let me share with you what I created for today's hop......



I decided that this cut file would go along great with a thankful tree. So I had my oldest son help me to pick out some PK sentiments that would help convey what blessings we have and are very thankful for. My son was persistent that we have one that said "Bugs". He is right, we do need to be thankful for bugs because they help bring the beautiful flowers. :)

I wanted to add some pictures of my two boys as well as my baby girl that will be born next year. It may be hard to tell but that is her head shot from my 19 weeks ultrasound. My son said I couldn't leave out my fur babies either. So we added Oliver and Orion as well!


How gorgeous is this Pretty Papers, Pretty Ribbons title? I just love it!! Perfect for your fall projects.

Materials used: 


You can find all of the following stamps used at Peachy Keen Stamps.
PKSC October 2013 (Tags and Family)
Putsen and Jud Snow Couple (Grandparents)
Nuts and Bolts Sentiments (Love!)
Vivienne and Friends (Friends)
God Bless the USA (God)
PKSC August 2013 (School)
PKSC May 2012 (Mom and Dad)
PKSC March 2013 (Bugs)
Quart Jar Accessories (Nature)

Core' Dinations Card Stock

Jar from Michaels (which was a great find for 80% off)

Moss from the Dollar Tree

Two LED Trees from A.C. Moore

String from Wally World

For my second project, I created a sweet piece of pie!


How cute is this pie?!! Plus, calorie free!! ;) 

Materials used:


PK-Retro Fridge (face)

PKSC October 2013 (sentiment)

Puffy White paint for the whip cream

Left over rosette from a wreath I made

The Paper Studio: Paper



Before you hop away, I just wanted to let you know that there will be 2 lucky winners chosen from today's hop. Lisa from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons will be giving away a $15 gift certificate to her store. Peachy Keen Stamps will also be giving away a $15 gift certificate to their store. How amazing is that? So be sure to visit each page along the way and leave some love on each one!!

Now it's time for me to send you on your way!! Your next stop is to Shorty Creations

Thank you so much for stopping by and happy hopping!!!

_________________________________________________________

Just in case you get lost along the way--Here is today's hop order




35 comments:

  1. Love this tree and the fact that the children helped to build it. That pumpkin pie looks good enough to eat, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite project on the blog.. love the idea of being able to ask others to add to the tree if I prep a few blank hanging tags for their sentiments. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Emily, BEAUTIFUL job with both projects!!! LOVE your AWESOME idea for your tree, Have a GREAT day my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Emily! Your Thankful tree made me all emotional! It's such a wonderful idea and adore it. I also love your slice of pie! It's really cute and does look good enough to eat. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I Love your Thankful Tree and love that you added Bugs. To Cute and your pie Card is just Adorable. I am so glad that I am now following you. Thanks for Sharing! :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweet Thankful Tree is just beautiful! And, what a lovely reminder of the many blessings in your family. I love that you added all those sweet photos ♥ Your little slice of pie looks totally yummy - great projects for today's hop my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH!!! That tree is my favorite thing I have seen so far! I am definitely making one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all your projects. great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Tree Emily! Love all the photos and your sweet pie too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful idea to show off what you are thankful for. That pie card is too cute, also. Thank you so much for being a part of this hop today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute projects. Love the tree of thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Emily! That photo tree is spectacular! IT is gorgeous and your card is SOOO stinkin cute! AWESOME projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice photo family tree. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yout pie is just to cute and your tree is amazing,,, GREAT idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww Emily, what a wonderful loving lesson you have shared with your children! I love your thankfulness tree! Such a great idea! Your pumpkin pie is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your thankful tree. What a great way to display family photos.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too cute and that pie is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those projects are beautiful and very inspiring! Love that you added the fur babies! <3 So glad to be a part of this hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful projects! Thks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful project and family keepsake. Awesome! And that card is just too stinkin cute. evascrapslife@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both of your projects are fabulous! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just LOVE your projects! Awesome combo of PPPR files and PK goodness!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Emily girl, you render me speechless, and THAT doesn't happen often! WOW! Fabulous projects, but that Count Your Blessings tree is off the charts!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such beautiful projects, the tree is stunning X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your tree is amazing!!! Love your projects.

    Dendearmas@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous family tree! I totally love it with the "Count Your Blessings" at the end. Pumpkin pie guy is cute!
    kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the blessings tree, I just might have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful idea! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous tree idea and love the cute pie!
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your family tree, such a fun idea and your silly little piece of pie is just so stinking cute! Love your creations ❤️
    Brianna PPPR DT

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a clever idea and a great find of the LED trees. This will be a wonderful decoration. Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow!!! what awesome projects!!! that thankful tree is soooooooo pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete