Friday, November 29, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamps: Celebrating Christmas Blog Hop

Hi, Emily here and if you've come from Samantha's blog then your in the right place! If you are just stopping by and want to start at the beginning of the hop, please head on over to the Kristi's blog

Welcome to the Peachy Keen Stamps: Celebrating Christmas Blog Hop (Nov. 29 and 30)!! I'm so excited to be a part of this!! So many wonderful past and present designers!! Plus, we are getting creative and celebrating Christmas Peachy Keen style!

Peachy Keen Stamps will be providing an amazing Christmas stamp bundle with a retail value of $150 to one lucky winner!! So exciting!! To be entered to win, you will need to leave a comment on each blog post. The winner will be announced on Monday, December 2nd.


Here is my creation: A pumpkin snowman with an adorable PK face.



Right after Halloween, I went to Wally world to find some pumpkins for this project. I got the two larger pumpkins for $1 each. I got the smaller pumpkin there as well for 60% off. It is a craft decor' pumpkin.

I painted all of them with white acrylic paint. 


The neighbor's cats decided they needed to supervise me while I painted.


Would have love to have found the white pumpkins but painting them was the next best thing! :)


For the snowman face, I used PK-1203 The Moodies 4" Face Parts. I just love working with them!! 

I stamped and paper pieced the eyes, mouth, and eye brows onto white card stock. I used a Peach Copic marker for the tongue and Real Processed Blue Copic marker for the eyes. I then adhered them with a fast drying adhesive.

I chalked his cheeks with a peachy pink chalk ink. 

For his nose, I got some orange polymer molding clay. After I molded it how I wanted it to look, I used a small kitchen knife to create lines on it to give it more of a carrot look. I adhered the nose with a glue gun.



Once I had the face finished, I stacked them onto one another and held them in place with Shish Kabob skewers. They worked quite well. Though if you are going to move it I would have some help. It was very heavy and you don't want any piece falling off the skewers.

I created his coal buttons out of polymer clay as well. I adhered them with the glue gun also.

The scarf I purchased at the Dollar Tree.

The arms are obviously tree branches. My son and I found them on the ground near the local woods on base. We didn't want to tear into an existing tree branch.




I had originally purchased a top hat at JoAnns but I felt it just didn't look right on it. So I was thrilled to find a paper mache' one at Michaels. 



Since it was brown, I painted it with black acrylic paint. I then decorated it with items from the previous hat, Dollar Tree garland, and PK-1340 Clearly Autumn Quart Jar Contents

For the pine cones, I stamped them first with Versamark ink and used a MS black embossing powder. Then I colored them in with a Cocoa Brown Copic Marker. 


Well that is my project!! I hope you have been inspired!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!  



Plus, don't forget about the amazing sale going on right now over at Peachy Keen Stamps!!! You can shop right out of the comfort of your own home and get amazing prices on these wonderful stamps!!







60 comments:

  1. WHAT A FUN PROJECT!!! He is so cute. Love all the little add ons.
    kidshomelove at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! AMAZING job!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome project!! Great way to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect way to take advantage of after Halloween sales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Too adorable!

    bdcampers@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful welcome to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous project...love it!
    ♥♥♥ Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful project; perfect showcase of PK stamps! Inspiration, plus!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness Emily, that is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You amaze me. I didn't realize at first they were pumpkins. You are so creative. I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite kind of snowman! No SNOW! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your project!! He is totally awesome. So cute and I think I need to make one (or maybe you can send me yours? *te he he*) I do love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love your projects! You always have the cutest ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WoW!! So creative, I love it!! What a wonderful decoration for the front of your house!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a happy addition to your front porch

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG.....you snowman is adorable. How tall is it? I thought at first you were using paper mache pumpkins but are the pumpkins real too! Just darling. I have so many questions...lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a creative use for the pumpkins. So love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a cute idea to paint pumpkins and make a snowman.

      Sue
      rolfe974@prodigy.,net

      Delete
  18. WOW! Emily your snowman is fabulous,I LOVE it!!! your projects always amaze me :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply AMAZING!!!! Such a fun and VERY creative project! Just LOVE it!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT night and weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your snowman it AMAZING Emily, BEAUTIFUL job my friend!!! LOVE IT,Hope you are having a GREAT Thanksgiving with your family!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is awesome! Very creative! It's amazing how much you can do with stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a create idea!! Love the snowman.

    TFS
    Sue
    shannegan 1 6 @ att . net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous project Emily! He is the cutest snowman I've ever seen!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Liz O
    unikebyyes {at} yahoo {com}

    ReplyDelete
  24. Holy cow, this is such an awesome idea. You did an absolutely amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow what a wonderful looking snowman. Love that you mixed to seasons together.

    marg0006 at Verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh this is just so very cute, great job!

    evascrapslife@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great idea. So cute.


    Tina
    aurathentic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't even know where to start with this one!! I am beyond excited about his snowman!! What a FANTASTIC idea! You did an incredible job, and I am totally IN LOVE with this!! I am definitely inspired. :)
    Happy Holidays to you and your family.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  29. Emily, this is just AMAZING! You are creating the most wonderful things with the pumpkins and this is no exception! LOVE the 3D nose and fun hat with his adorable face! AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG!!!! FANTASTIC!!!! Thanks for sharing your awesome idea! Happy Holidays to you and I see that your husband is in the Army so please tell him we send a huge THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW WOW! I LOVE THIS! Your snowman is adorable, this is a fantastic idea! Amazing job!
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  32. You give great instructions. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great project.
    Mary O'Neal

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is such a cute idea! Your snowman turned out perfect! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is the cutest snowman I've ever seen.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. You are so talented and clever! Brilliant idea and so flippin' CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a great idea! Soooooo cute! How talented you are! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is adorable and super creative! Love it! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Holy moly! This pumpkin snowman is super adorable! I love that the PKS works so well with all the projects I have seen so far! Love the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW SO VERY ADORABLE LOVE IT :>

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is so awesome fantastic idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a great project to use up those left over Fall decorations. Great snowman decoration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow what a great idea and the pks face is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Are you freaking kidding me??????????? This is flipping awesome!! What a great idea!!!! Would it be stealing if I told You I was going to steal it?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  45. We're so making one of these!! I never thought about usually pumpkins to make a snowman!! So smart!!

    Jennifer.rose112@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Shut the front door, I am in LOVE with this, how flipping clever!! Thanks for sharing your amazing project!!
    Jeffbrianna@me.com

    ReplyDelete