Friday, June 21, 2013

Popsicle Cards



Hi! Happy first official day of SUMMER!!! 
Today, I am sharing these adorable Popsicle cards. My kids just love Popsicles in the summer time. They are a great cool treat. So I thought these cards would be great to create for the summer.






I created the base of the card using KaDoodle Bug Designs: Ice Cream Bar cut file. On each one, I inked the sides with coordinating Colorbox inks and added white gel pen faux stitching. 


The inside layer I colored with a coordinating Copic Marker and then put clear glitter on top. 


The drips were stamped with Peachy Keen's PK-222 Happy-Go-Lucky Elephant using VersaMark embossing ink and then I put Stampabilites Pearl White embossing powder on it.  I colored them in with a coordinating Copic marker and put clear glitter on top of them as well.

Lastly, I added jewels from Recollections on the side.


How cute is this little penguin?! I just love him with his shades.



The adorable penguin comes from KaDoodle Bug Designs: Coolin' and Chillin' 


I first stamped on a face from Peachy Keen's PK-520 Winter Faces, however, I decided he needed his summertime shades that I added Glossy Accents to. I also added white gel pen accents.

I shrunk down a Popsicle from the Ice Cream bar cut file and added glitter to it.

The cherries he is holding come from Peachy Keen's PK-239 Faceless Fruit. As are all the fruit on the Popsicles. I stamped on their faces from Peachy Keen's PK-180 Erkle and Merkle Face Assortment.

The sentiment comes from Peachy Keen's PK-162 Fruit Sentiments One. I stamped it on a die cut from My Creative Time: Vintage Label.

The scallop the fruit is on, was cut with my Cricut @ 2" and the circle was cut @ 1.75". I also added clear glitter to the scallop on each one.


The cute apples's face comes from Peachy Keen's PK-293 The Cornies face assortment.

The sentiment also comes from Peachy Keen's Fruit Sentiments One.



To create the lemon (which is not on the faceless fruit set) I stamped two halves of the peach. I think it turned out pretty darn good. Then I just stamped and paper pieced the leaves from the cherries.

The face comes from Peachy Keen's PK-1320 In the Garden Face Assortment.

The sentiment comes from Peachy Keen's PK-164 Fruit Sentiments Two.


The strawberry face comes from Peachy Keen's PK-660 Laughy Taffy Face Assortment

The sentiment comes from Peachy Keen's Fruit Sentiments One.



The orange faces come from Peachy Keen's PK-1200 The Moodies Face Assortment.

The sentiment comes from Peachy Keen's Fruit Sentiments Two. 

The Paper is all Colorbok.
The Ribbon is from American Crafts
The Glitter is from Creatology
The inks are from Memento and Colorbox.










No comments:

Post a Comment